- There is an arrangement of Tutorial Period in the Time Table. Students are divided in groups and one mentor is assigned to each group. In the tutorial period that is held once a week, the mentor counsels the students and tries to resolve the problems faced by the trainees. either with the help of college management/ administration or on his/ her own depending on the nature of the problem.
- The mentor provides the services for the whole academic year to a group of students and discusses with the teacher trainees about their academic performance, personal, educational and vocational problems.
- On the celebration of Parents Day one to one interaction between mentor and parent of each group member is organized. The mentor interacts with parents and hand over the letter of gratitude written by wards to parents.
- For taking leave or concession, the teacher trainee is expected to inform the mentor through a written application.
A diary has been given to each teacher trainee to keep a record of lectures attended, lessons conducted, practical completed, marks obtained in term end examinations and participation in curricular and co curricular activities. The record is checked at the end of every week.
- The college has a separate Career Development and Placement Cell which is an integral part of the institute. The cell started functioning in 2011-12. It ensures and takes care to provide the best arrangements for placing its students in premier institutions.
- The college placement cell works tirelessly throughout the year to facilitate students’ entry into the job market through campus placements. The purpose of this cell is to help students get a job.
- Under this cell, various seminars and lectures are arranged for the students to make them employable.
- Letters from various institutes/companies having vacancies are regularly displayed on the notice boards as well as the college website.
- It also conducts training programs for the students to enable them to face interviews with confidence, resume writing and provides career counselling. Other programmes include workshops on self esteem, presentation skills, communication skills and mock personal interviews etc.
- The college has a qualified counsellor for this purpose.
- The teacher requirements in different schools, advertised in the newspapers are also put up on the notice board.
The request for the teachers is received telephonic-ally or through personal contact. The college takes a prompt action to place its students by contacting them on phone and informing them about the place and time of interview.